I’m a CEO, writer, and professor with more than 15 years of experience. I’ve managed multiple award-winning communications campaigns and completed the 4A’s Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies program, where I won the WM. E. Surgner Excellence Award.
I graduated with honors from Temple University with a B.A. in Strategic and Organizational Communications and an M.S. in Communication Management. As a professor, I provide students with a curriculum blending theory with applied marketing and communications concepts.
My website consists of everything arts and culture, and my content has reached over one million people in 145 countries. I’ve had the honor of interviewing a variety of best-selling authors, including Harlan Coben, Lee Child, Lisa Scottoline, Stuart Woods, Andrew Gross, and Douglas Preston. I also attended and covered ThrillerFest VIII, ThrillerFest IX, ThrillerFest X, ThrillerFest XIII, and the National Book Awards in New York City.
In addition to authors, I’ve taken part in interviews with legendary musicians and actors, including:
- Grammy, Tony and Emmy award-winning legend Barry Manilow
- Emmy, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild award-winning actor and musician Kiefer Sutherland
- KISS members Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Eric Singer, Bruce Kulick, and Ace Frehley
- Pop music legend Johnny Mathis
- The Godfather of Shock Rock: Alice Cooper
- Journey members Jonathan Cain, Neal Schon and Deen Castronovo
- Cheap Trick’s lead singer Robin Zander
- Former STYX Vocalist Dennis DeYoung
- Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider
- WWE Hall of Fame professional wrestlers Diamond Dallas Page, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, and Mick Foley
- The most influential drummer in rock and roll history: Carmine Appice
- Two-time Grammy award-winning folk music legend Janis Ian
- Huey Lewis & The News founding member and saxophonist Johnny Colla
- Foreigner’s lead singer Kelly Hansen
- Styx’s bass player Ricky Phillips
- Grammy award-winning artist Melissa Manchester
- 2014 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Former lead singer of The Babys and Bad English John Waite
- Night Ranger members Kelly Keagy, Jack Blades, and Brad Gillis
- Five-time Grammy award-winning pop music icon Dionne Warwick
- 1998 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and former Eagles guitarist Don Felder
- America’s #1 most requested school presenter Marc Mero
- Chicago band members Robert Lamm and Lee Loughnane
- REO Speedwagon’s lead singer Kevin Cronin
- 1960s Teen Idol Bobby Rydell
- Legendary singer and songwriter Paul Anka
- Emmy-nominated actor and musician Michael Des Barres
- A Nightmare on Elm Street and Detroit Rock City actress Lin Shaye
- Saw lead actor Costas Mandylor
My content has been featured in Reader’s Digest, KISSOnline.com, Rolling Stone, ABC News Radio, Ultimate Classic Rock, Classic Rock Magazine, Brave Words, Blabbermouth.net, The Aquarian Weekly, Vic’s Movie Den, BookTrib.com, and #Bond_age_.
A Pod of Thunder 2018 Hall of Fame inductee, I’ve contributed to a variety of top podcasts, including the following: PodKISSt, The KISS Room, Cheap Talk with Trick Chat, and the KISSFAQ Podcast. Additionally, Michael co-founded and is the President of Nintendo Philly Meetup. This organization brought together like-minded people to play Nintendo video games and consoles monthly.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love King and Woods too -:)!
Just wanted to let you know that you have received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! http://hollinscott.com/2012/07/30/the-very-inspiring-blogger-award/
That’s wonderful! Thanks for the award. I’m glad you’re enjoying my blog.
Loving your blog.
Thanks for your kind words and for following. I do my best to keep it interesting. 🙂
Can’t wait to read more of your posts, you should give my blog a look.
Will do. Thanks!
Love ya, Michael. Thank you for all your help thusfar.