Mean Girls features a book by nine-time Emmy Award winner Tina Fey, based on her screenplay for the film; music by three-time Emmy Award winner Jeff Richmond; and lyrics by two-time Tony Award nominee Nell Benjamin. Tony Award winner Casey Nicholaw directs and choreographs.
My wife and I attended the opening night of the musical, and it was wonderful. If I could describe the musical with one word, it would be fun. It’s a high-energy show punctuated with a heavy helping of humor and numerous catchy songs that the audience thoroughly enjoyed. From the complicated dance numbers to the incredible vocal range of the entire cast, I was impressed by what I saw.
Upcoming Mean Girls Performances
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 21, 2019, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 22, 2019, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 23, 2019, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 24, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 24, 2019, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 26, 2019, 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 29, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
- Friday, November 29, 2019, 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 30, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 30, 2019, 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 1, 2019, 1:00 p.m.
Mean Girls is a fun, high-energy musical filled with topical humor and melodic music. The cast is stellar, the set design inventive, and its two-and-a-half hour runtime blows by because of how entertaining it is. You don’t need to see the Mean Girls movie to appreciate what this musical has to offer. If you’re looking for a fun time out in Philly, seeing Mean Girls should be at the top of your list of things to do.