AUDIBLE PREVIEWS “AUDIBLE PLUS,” NEW MEMBERSHIP OPTION OFFERING UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THOUSANDS OF AUDIBLE ORIGINALS, AUDIOBOOKS AND PODCASTS
All-You-Can-Listen Service Begins Rollout in Preview Starting Today; Additional Programming and Enhancements Expected to Launch in Q4
Extensive Content Portfolio across Genres, Lengths and Formats Available for $7.95 per Month
New Audible Originals in the Audible Plus Catalog from Common, St. Vincent, Blake Griffin, Jesse Eisenberg, Tom Morello, Kevin Bacon, David Koepp, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kate Mara, Tayari Jones and Harvey Fierstein
NEWARK, NJ – August 24, 2020 – Audible Inc., the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, today announced the preview phase of an emerging offering, Audible Plus. A brand-new all-you-can-listen service, Audible Plus will provide access to an array of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts that span genres, lengths and formats. Offering members greater selection through unlimited access to a robust catalog, Audible Plus includes over 68,000 hours of content and 11,000+ titles from across the content spectrum, including documentaries, comedy, journalism, kids, wellness, self-development, selections from Audible Theater and more. New Audible Originals come from a wide range of talent including Common, St. Vincent, Blake Griffin, Jesse Eisenberg, Tom Morello, Kevin Bacon, David Koepp, Jamie Lee Curtis, Kate Mara, Tayari Jones and Harvey Fierstein, among many other celebrated creators and performers. Audible Plus begins its initial rollout this week. The content slate will continue to grow expansively alongside various technical enhancements over the coming months.
The Audible Plus $7.95 offering will sit alongside Audible’s premium credit-based subscription option, which has been renamed Audible Premium Plus. For $14.95, Audible Premium Plus members will have access to the constantly expanding Audible Plus catalog and will also receive one credit a month which can be used for any piece of content outside the Plus catalog, regardless of price or length. Each credit is usable for any title in the entire Audible library. The Audible Premium Plus membership is also available with varying numbers of credits to suit individual needs.
“Audible’s commitment to innovation in storytelling is part of our DNA. With Audible Plus, we’ve designed a stellar complimentary offering for existing members and an exciting entry point for new customers that elevates our service in a meaningful way,” said Audible CEO Bob Carrigan. “As we accelerate our expansion in the premium audio storytelling and entertainment space, we believe this collection of extraordinary voices will inspire millions of customers.”
“We have an extremely active development, production and acquisition pipeline and look forward to the imminent and ongoing growth of Audible Plus as the source for more and more extraordinary entertainment and value for our customers,” said Rachel Ghiazza, Audible EVP and Head of US Content. “Audible is focused on the future as we continue to both develop our customer offerings as well as ramp up our collaborations with outstanding talent who create unparalleled content for our global audience to enjoy.”
Audible Plus programming can be streamed instantly or downloaded for offline listening. In addition to the Audible app, the Audible Plus catalog will also be available across Alexa-enabled devices and Amazon Fire tablets.
The Audible Plus catalog will be available to Audible Premium Plus members beginning today. New customers interested in signing up to preview the Audible Plus standalone plan will be able to do so beginning on August 27th.
Select recent, new and upcoming Audible Original titles available in the Audible Plus catalog include:
- When You Finish Saving The World (Written and performed by Jesse Eisenberg) – From playwright, author, and Oscar-nominated actor Jesse Eisenberg comes a moving and evocative story of three individuals working to understand each other and themselves. Co-stars Finn Wolfhard and Kaitlyn Dever. [released 8/4]
- Letters from Camp (Jamie Lee Curtis, Sunny Sandler, Jake Gyllenhaal) – In this family scripted show, Mookie Hooper investigates a girl who went missing from her sleepaway camp, while confronting the budding anxieties of tweendom. [released 8/4]
- Stories of a Lifetime – In Dan Rather’s deeply personal show recorded live for Audible Theater, the legendary journalist takes audiences through the most pivotal moments of his life and career. [released 8/4]
- Thicker Than Water – From the hero whistleblower of the infamous Theranos scam, Thicker than Water is a look at never-before-revealed details from behind closed doors at the company, revealing a cautionary tale of corporate bullying, gaslighting, ego, and wealth run amok in Silicon Valley. [released 8/4]
- The Pursuit of Healthiness – NBA All-Star Blake Griffin takes listeners on a journey to discover the secrets of health and wellness from a roster of experts and celebrities, including Michael B. Jordan, Deepak Chopra, supermodel Karlie Kloss, Paralympian Oksana Masters, Arianna Huffington, “Queer Eye’s” Antoni Porowski, Bulletproof Coffee’s Dave Asprey, Headspace co-founder Andy Puddicombe, NASA nutritionist Scott M. Smith and comedian Chelsea Handler. [released 8/4]
- Bluebird Memories: A Journey through Lyrics & Life – Common, Grammy, Oscar, and Emmy-winning artist- combines the personal and poetic with the literary and lyrical for a new music and storytelling experience. [released 8/4]
- Phreaks (Carrie Coon, Christian Slater, Ben McKenzie, Bree Klauser) – A fictional audio drama (based on true events) about the 1970’s phone hackers that tricked The Bell Company system using whistled tones to give them full access to calls around the world. [released 8/4]
- Yard Work (Written by David Koepp, performed by Kevin Bacon) – A horror novella about an elderly widower who, upon retiring to his lakeside cabin, discovers a vine wreaking havoc on the property. In the process of trying to de-weed, the widower discovers that the vine is not just trying to take over his land, but is indeed trying to take him over as well. [releasing 8/31]
- Beyond the Last Dance – From the NBA, Audible, and Pushkin Industries, a podcast exploring the continuing impact of Michael Jordan’s last championship run with the Chicago Bulls, featuring unheard audio from “The Last Dance” TV series with new interviews and audio archives that have never been heard by the public. [releasing 8/31]
- St. Vincent: Words and Music – This title brings listeners an intimate, personal meditation on an artist’s discovery of her authentic self – tracked through the lyrics and influences of her catalog of music. [releasing 8/31]
- Tom Morello at Minetta Lane Theatre – In an electrifying musical narrative, Morello shares a moving personal story that reveals the making of a committed activist and one of the elite guitar virtuosos of our time. [releasing 8/31]
- Half Light – From Tayari Jones, author of the New York Times bestseller and Oprah’s Book Club pick An American Marriage, comes an intimate, powerful story of identical twin sisters who hatch a plan to steal back a priceless family heirloom from a philandering husband. Set against the vibrant backdrop of present-day Atlanta and performed by Bahni Turpin, Half Light explores the complex, profound bond of family. [releasing 8/31]
- The Gentleman from Peru – André Aciman is the New York Times bestselling author of Call Me By Your Name, which was made into the 2018 Academy Award winning film of the same name. His Audible Original, The Gentleman from Peru, concerns a group of wealthy college friends marooned near Positano while their yacht is repaired. [releasing 8/31]
- Eat Sh*t Kenny Daniels (Alicia Silverstone) – One woman’s quest for redemption from a former high school classmate she wronged. [releasing 8/31]
- Vroom Vroom (Andy Richter, Yvette Nicole Brown, John DiMaggio, Lucy DeVito) – When a used Fjord dealership in upstate New York finds out its local rival, Wild Ron, is trying to put it out of business, the dealership has one week to band together to keep its business alive. [releasing 8/31]
- Donor 9623 – This fascinating audio documentary chronicles the fallout from a rogue donor whose fathered at least 34 children. Billed as a high-achieving Ph.D. student, DONOR 9623 turned out to have a dark history no one suspected. [releasing 8/31]
- Heist with Michael Caine (performed by Michael Caine) – From the largest bank burglary in American history, to the world’s most audacious book heist, Heist With Michael Caine travels to America, Australia, Stockholm, Antwerp and everywhere in-between to tell true stories that have inspired some of Hollywood’s most-famous heist films. [releasing 8/31]
- My Dad The Spy – This intimate, emotive, and revealing documentary series explores the complicated relationship between father (Miles Copeland, America’s most public spy, who was responsible for destabilizing political regimes across the Middle East and Africa in 1950s-70s) and son (Stewart Copeland, founder and drummer of The Police). [releasing 8/31]
- You Are A Comedy Special – A 15-Step Self-Help Guide to Forcibly Force Yourself to Write and Perform a Full Hour of Stand-Up Comedy – Part comedic memoir and part motivational life coaching session, Maria Bamford’s first Audible Original is honest, inspirational, and hilarious. Framed around how to construct a stand-up special, it’s really a guide for how to beat procrastination and unlock creative potential. [releasing 8/31]
- Bella Bella – A raucous, heart-rending and absurdly humorous solo show written and performed by Harvey Fierstein. Set in 1976, on the eve of her bid to become New York State’s first female Senator, Bella Bella finds this larger-than-life, truth-slinging, groundbreaking, hat-wearing icon squirreled away in the bathroom of a midtown hotel awaiting that night’s election results. [released 8/4]
- The Getaway (performed by Kate Mara) – In this short form thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling authors Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, a young woman’s dream getaway becomes her worst nightmare. [releasing 8/31]
- Murder by Other Means (Written by John Scalzi, performed by Zachary Quinto) – Dispatcher Tony Valdez discovers that people around him are dying, for reasons that make no sense…and which just may implicate him. [releasing September 10]
- Night Magick (created by award-winning author Suri Rosen and performed by Josh Gad) – In the strange land of Las Vegas, a boy learns magic is real, and that the magician he idolizes has stolen an important book from his father. An adventure to get it back leads him to some unlikely sources. [releasing October 1]
Audible, Inc., an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), is the world’s largest producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, offering customers a new way to enhance and enrich their lives every day. Audible content includes more than 550,000 audio programs from leading audiobook publishers, broadcasters, entertainers, magazine and newspaper publishers, and business information providers.