Chicken soup is a comforting and nourishing meal enjoyed for generations. Its simple yet flavorful ingredients make it a popular choice for any occasion, especially during cold winter days or when feeling under the weather. This easy chicken soup recipe is perfect for those who want a warm and hearty meal without spending too much time in the kitchen.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- In a large pot, add chicken breasts and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes. Shred the chicken into small pieces using two forks and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the pot, along with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles to the pot and let them cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
This easy chicken soup recipe is a delicious and comforting dish for any occasion. Whether you’re feeling under the weather or need a warm and satisfying meal, this recipe is a quick and easy solution. Following these simple steps, you can create a flavorful and nourishing soup that your whole family will love. So, grab your ingredients and get cooking!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.