I’m currently two-thirds of the way through transcribing my interview with Don West for my book about the history of TNA/IMPACT Wrestling, so I figured now was as good a time as any to provide an update on how things are going. Read on for more details on how my project is coming along.
We’re in 2022, and it’s the 20th anniversary of TNA Wrestling (i.e., IMPACT Wrestling)! I attended the TV tapings in Philadelphia in March, and it was a blast. I’ve got plenty of photos, behind-the-scenes stories, and more to share from that experience in my book.
Speaking of my book, I’ve been writing almost every day, transcribing my hundreds of interviews, breaking up all the content into sections within chapters. This will probably be the longest part of this entire process because it entails listening back to hundreds of hours of interviews and capturing the most insightful information for your reading pleasure. Thankfully, I’ve transcribed anywhere from 50 to 100 of these interviews so far, and I’m going to wrap up transcribing my interview with Don West this week. I’m so grateful I had the opportunity to speak with Don prior to his battle with cancer. His thoughts and energy during our interview, which lasted nearly two hours, was tremendous. I’m very lucky.
Since I started researching and writing my book, two people I interviewed died: Daffney, and Jimmy Rave. These two deaths, along with Don West battling cancer, made me realize just how important it is to tell this story, as well as the stories these people shared with me. None of us knows how long we have on this planet, so we must make the most of it.
I should also point out that my wife and I are expecting our first child in September, so my productivity will slow down considerably as a result. However, I still fully intend to keep writing my book because publishing it is a goal I want to attain for you and for me. It might take a few years to get to the finish line, but it’ll be absolutely worth it. And if I land some additional big-time interviews along the way, even better.
As I write this, Slammiversary is next month on June 19, exactly 20 years removed from the company’s first pay-per-view. I’m flying to the Bahamas that day, so I won’t catch the event live. However, I plan to enjoy it upon my return. For those of you attending in-person or watching from home, I hope you have a blast. All of us are part of the first 20 years of TNA/IMPACT Wrestling. This moment is just as much a celebration for us, the fans, as it is for the company. Here’s to 20 more!
LATEST PROMOTIONAL INTERVIEW
Support This Project!
Want to provide a tip to contribute to the creation of this book? You can do so here. Thank you for your support!
BOOK PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS
300 interviews covering 20 years of TNA/IMPACT Wrestling history, including the following:
- Legendary wrestlers, including Jeff Hardy, Velvet Sky, Kevin Nash, Angelina Love, Matt Hardy, Gail Kim, Ken Shamrock, Chelsea Green, Rob Van Dam, Maria Kanellis, Diamond Dallas Page, Taryn Terrell, Raven, Nick Aldis, Petey Williams, Shane Douglas, Shark Boy, Al Snow, Eddie Edwards, Jazz, Deonna Purrazzo, Jordynne Grace, Ken Anderson, Konnan, and more
- Tommy Dreamer’s first interview following his appearance on Dark Side of the Ring
- Current and former employees, including those in creative, marketing, audio, music, production, licensing, affiliate relations, live events, merchandising, and more
- First-ever interview with Andy Barton, TNA Executive Vice President and Dixie Carter’s right-hand man
- First-ever interview with Keith Mitchell, Executive Producer for TNA Wrestling for 17 years; current Executive Producer for AEW, and former Executive Producer for WCW and WCCW
- First-ever interview with Eric Sherman, TNA Chief Strategy Officer (2015-2017)
- Spike TV, Fox Sports Net, Pop TV, and Challenge TV executives, including Kevin Kay, Scott Fishman, George Greenberg, and Bradley Schwartz, among others
- Industry influencers, including wrestling promoters, writers, and the Editor-in-Chief of Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- Referees, including TNA Hall of Fame inductee Earl Hebner and Brian Hebner
- Broadcasters, including Don West
- Managers, including Father James Mitchell
- Management from Universal Studios Orlando, home of the original TNA iMPACT Zone
- Midway executives who created the TNA iMPACT! video game
- Dale Oliver, Head Music Composer and Director of Audio Production
Make sure to sign up for email alerts on my site so you don’t miss out on any future updates because there are many more to come.