April has long been celebrated by horror fans as the halfway point to Halloween, and this year Shudder makes it official with the launch of Halfway to Halloween Month. Shudder, AMC Networks’ premium streaming service for horror, thriller and the supernatural, will offer its biggest month of non-October programming ever, at a time when many people are turning to streaming to help entertain them while they’re social distancing and quarantining.
Put on a costume and whip up a pumpkin spice latte, because here’s what’s in store:
- The premiere of new Shudder Original Series Cursed Films, a five-part documentary exploring the myths and legends behind some of Hollywood’s notoriously cursed horror films: The Exorcist, The Omen, Poltergeist, The Crow and Twilight Zone: The Movie
- An all-new season of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, with weekly hosted double features streamed live on ShudderTV
- The long-awaited second season of the hit Australian horror series Wolf Creek
- The Friday the 13th Collection: including the first eight movies in the franchise to go with the epic six-hour documentary Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th, Smoke and Mirrors: The Story of Tom Savini and To Hell and Back: The Kane Hodder Story.
- The return of Shudder’s Halloween Hotline, with live, personalized horror movie picks from Shudder curator Samuel Zimmerman, every Friday in April from 3-4pm ET.
- A special Halfway to Halloween collection featuring holiday favorites like Tales of Halloween, Haunters: The Art of the Scare and Extremity (all new to Shudder) along with Hell House LLC, Haunt, Spookers, Halloween, Halloween 4, Halloween 5, Rob Zombie’s 31, the Creepshow series and fan favorite The Ghoul Log.
- The Shudder Original supernatural thriller 0.0Mhz, starring Korean pop star Jung Eun-Ji.
- Newly added movies Elvira: Mistress of the Dark, Absentia, We Are What We Are (2013), Voice from the Stone and The Siren
New members can sign up at Shudder.com with promo code SHUTIN for an extended 30-day free trial.