Love chicken pot pie and soup but want to avoid the carbs? Below is a recipe for a Low-Carb Chicken Pot Pie Soup we made last night that tasted great. Credit for this recipe goes to Wendy Polisi of Kicking Carbs. But if you want to avoid all the endless scrolling and nonsense of a typical recipe site, read on for everything you need to know, including ingredients, instructions, notes, and nutrition.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Pot Pie Soup
If you are looking for cool weather comfort food, it doesn’t get any better than this Chicken Pot Pie Soup!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time17 mins
Total Time27 mins
Keyword: comfort food
Author: Wendy Polisi
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen baby peas thawed (omit for strict keto)
- 16 ounces cooked chopped chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, mushrooms, celery, and garlic to the pan. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and chicken to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and cream cheese and cook until the cream cheese melts.
- Stir in the heavy cream and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn your Instant Pot to Medium Saute. Melt the butter and then add the shallots, mushrooms, celery, and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ½ cup of the chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Stir in the remaining broth.
- Add the peas and chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the pressure to high for 4 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the cream cheese. Cook until the cream cheese melts, stirring often.
- Stir in the heavy cream until just heated.
Baby peas are technically not keto-friendly, but many find they can enjoy them in moderation without being kicked out of ketosis. If you would like, you can omit them and add an extra ½ cup of mushrooms and celery stalk. If you are low carb and not keto, I like to use a mixture of baby peas and carrots. Nutritional information does include the peas and they add about 2.5 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
Calories: 257.14kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.98g | Protein: 15.35g | Fat: 19.33g | Saturated Fat: 11.08g | Cholesterol: 96.26mg | Sodium: 569.36mg | Potassium: 444.03mg | Fiber: 1.25g | Sugar: 2.16g | Vitamin A: 823.23IU | Vitamin C: 17.2mg | Calcium: 46.48mg | Iron: 0.89mg