Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish many love. It’s a hearty and comforting meal perfect for a cozy night in or a family dinner. Making Chicken Parmesan from scratch may seem intimidating, but with this easy recipe, you’ll be able to whip up this delicious dish in no time. All you need is some ingredients and a little patience, and you’ll have a satisfying and flavorful meal that will please everyone at the dinner table. So, let’s get started and learn how to make easy Chicken Parmesan at home!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, so you have four thin chicken pieces.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set up three shallow dishes: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with a mixture of breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, then dip it into the beaten egg and finally into the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs into the chicken to make sure they stick.
- Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and top each piece with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the chicken parmesan hot with pasta or a green salad.
Enjoy your delicious homemade chicken parmesan!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.