Here’s another low-carb, Atkins-friendly recipe, courtesy of Wendy Polisi of Kicking Carbs: Keto Chicken Parmesan. Read on for the recipe, nutritional information, and more. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken Parmesan
You are going to love this Keto Chicken Parmesan! Keep this recipe in your back pocket for the next time you are entertaining and don’t want to compromise on your diet for a delicious meal that will impress.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 19 mins
Total Time: 44 mins
Author: Wendy Polisi
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ¼ cup sea salt optional
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- Avocado Oil Spray
- ⅓ cup sugar-free marinara
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic bag and pound to a uniform thickness with a meat mallet. (About ½”.). Alternatively, place the chicken breasts on a plastic cutting board. Carefully slice horizontally into two thin pieces.
- Optional step: Heat 1 cup of water over medium heat and stir in salt until the salt dissolves. Transfer to a medium bowl and fill the bowl with cold water. Add chicken breasts and allow to brine in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Preheat an Air Fryer to 390 degrees or the oven to 425.
- Place the almond flour, parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place the eggs in a separate bowl and beat well.
- Drain the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Coat with the egg mixture and then dredge in the almond flour mixture.
- The mixture will not stick as well as traditional flours and breadcrumbs, so you may have to use your fingers to gently press the coating into the chicken.
- Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Spray both sides of the chicken well will oil.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Add the chicken to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. (Cooking times can vary by air fryer brand.)
- Carefully flip with a spatula. Re-spray and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until cooked through.
- Place the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cook for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip with a spatula. Re-spray and cook for an addition 5 minutes, until brown and cooked through.
- Top each chicken piece with pasta sauce and fresh mozzarella.
- Return to the air fryer or oven and cook for two more minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 4171mg | Potassium: 490mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 1.5mg