Makes: 4 Servings
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 organic, pasture-raised eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic half & half
- 8 slices of Sola low-carb bread
- Oil for cooking
- Spreadable butter for topping
- Sugar-free syrup for topping
- Blueberries, Raspberries, and Strawberries topping
1. Place all ingredients except for the bread and berries into a large mixing bowl. Whisk the mixture well to incorporate. Place the bread slices in the egg mixture and soak until fully coated.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large, nonstick frying pan and place over medium heat. Swirl the pan around until the oil fully coats its surface.
3. Carefully remove the bread slices from the egg mixture and drag gently across the top of the bowl to discard excess custard mixture. Place the bread into the frying pan, 4 slices at a time. Allow 2 to 3 minutes cooking time per side until the French Toast is golden-brown and no liquid seeps out when you press it lightly with a spoon (use 2 pans if you want to speed things up!)
4. Remove the French Toast slices from the pan and place on a clean plate.
5. Serve the warm French Toast topped with strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries, as well as spreadable butter and sugar-free syrup.