I’ve got another low-carb recipe for you, courtesy of Wendy Polisi of Kicking Carbs. What is this recipe? Keto Taco Casserole! My wife and I had this tonight for dinner, and I topped it off with some Atkins Nacho Cheese Protein Chips, which gave it a nice crunch. Read on for the recipe, nutritional information, and more. Enjoy!
Keto Taco Casserole
If you are looking for an easy family dinner that never fails to delight, this Low Carb Taco Casserole fits the bill.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Author: Wendy Polisi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free taco seasoning
- 10- ounces canned diced tomatoes with diced green chilis or jalapeños
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add onion and jalapeno and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking up with the back of a spoon, until the ground beef is browned. Drain if necessary.
- Add cream cheese, and cook until the cream cheese is incorporated.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning and stir in diced tomatoes. Cook for 3 more minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
Calories: 391.23kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.19g | Protein: 18.88g | Fat: 32.53g | Saturated Fat: 14.98g | Cholesterol: 99.26mg | Sodium: 344.36mg | Potassium: 419.24mg | Fiber: 1.23g | Sugar: 3.85g | Vitamin A: 719.68IU | Vitamin C: 8.15mg | Calcium: 171.12mg | Iron: 2.34mg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.