Here’s another low-carb recipe for you, courtesy of Wendy Polisi of Kicking Carbs: Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole! My wife and I had this recently for dinner, and it was good. However, two things are worth noting — first, the recipe says to preheat the oven from the get-go; this is incorrect as you have many preparatory steps to take before the oven is even needed. Second, I added leftover Banza macaroni and cheese shells to my leftovers of this casserole and it made it eminently better than the recipe below. I strongly encourage you to do the same if you’re looking to make this more flavorful, interesting, and satisfying. Read on for the recipe, nutritional information, and more. Enjoy!
Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
Looking for a kid-friendly keto recipe? You will love this Keto Chili Cheese Dog Casserole! This is one the whole family can agree on.
Prep Time:15 mins
Cook Time:1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Author: Wendy Polisi
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 12 ounces hot dogs sliced
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Heat a large saucepan to medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it up with the back of a spoon.
- Cook until the meat is brown, and then transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chili powder, smoked paprika, and cumin.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the tomatoes and broth and return the meat to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Place the hot dogs on the bottom of a square baking dish and layer the chili on top.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until heated through.
Calories: 476.57kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.03g | Protein: 25.46g | Fat: 38.99g | Saturated Fat: 16.94g | Trans Fat: 0.93g | Cholesterol: 105.2mg | Sodium: 1015mg | Potassium: 494.36mg | Fiber: 1.44g | Sugar: 3.02g | Vitamin A: 910IU | Vitamin C: 6.83mg | Calcium: 187.51mg | Iron: 3.53mg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.