Here’s another low-carb, Atkins-friendly recipe, courtesy of Wendy Polisi of Kicking Carbs: Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Read on for the recipe, nutritional information, and more. Enjoy!
Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
This Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole is the kind of comfort food I never get tired of. Tender broccoli and juicy chicken are topped off a creamy sauce and cheese to create a dish both children and adults are crazy about. This recipe isn’t particularly fussy, so feel free to play with it a bit. Cauliflower would work in place of broccoli, and most any cheese will do. You can steam the broccoli instead of blanching it, just make sure you don’t over do it to the point that the broccoli gets mushy when baked.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 28 mins
Total Time: 33 mins
Keyword: cheesy, creamy
Author: Wendy Polisi
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 12 ounces broccoli florets blanched
- 1 pound chicken cooked and shredded
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add almond flour and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly.
- Stir in cream and broth, and bring to a simmer. Add cream cheese and cook until melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place broccoli and chicken in a large baking pan and pour the sauce over.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly and cooked through.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Place the chicken and broccoli in your slow cooker and pour the sauce over it.
- Top with cheese and cook on low for about 4 hours.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Set your Instant Pot to saute. Melt butter and add almond flour. Cook for 1 minutes, whisking constantly. Stir in cream and broth and bring to a simmer. Add garlic powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked chicken and broccoli to the pot and toss.
- Set to high pressure for 1 minutes. Do a quick release. Stir in cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Place lid on the instant pot and let sit until the cream cheese melts. Stir to combine. Add the shredded cheese and replace lid until the cheese melts.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 278mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1135IU | Vitamin C: 39.5mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 0.8mg