When you need an easy meal the whole family will love, these Keto Chicken Quesadillas are just what you want!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 23 mins
Marinating Time: 15 mins
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Mexican
Author: Wendy Polisi
- 1 pound boneless chicken cubed
- 2 tablespoons keto taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- 1 chipotle chili pepper in adobo saucediced fine
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 keto tortillas
- For Serving: Salsa Sour Cream, Avocado, Cilantro
- Place the chicken in a medium bowl and toss with the taco seasoning. Allow to sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Cook the chicken, stirring often for 8 minutes.
- Add the onion, red pepper, and chipotle chili pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the meat and vegetables to a clean bowl.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and carefully wipe the skillet clean.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Place the tortilla in the skillet, working in batches as necessary.
- Top with the meat, vegetables, and cheese.
- Add a second tortilla on top.
- Cook, turning once until the tortillas are brown and crispy and the cheese is melted, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
Calories: 272.14kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.02g | Protein: 21.49g | Fat: 18.4g | Saturated Fat: 6.71g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.97g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.57g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 66.06mg | Sodium: 316.77mg | Potassium: 271.82mg | Fiber: 3.17g | Sugar: 1.21g | Vitamin A: 745.23IU | Vitamin C: 13.59mg | Calcium: 210.19mg | Iron: 0.55mg